Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Project

The bathroom is our next house project. We started it this weekend. The previous owner fooled us by painting over the glorious pink tile with latex paint. Well it didn't take long for it to start peeling away in the shower, and there are some pretty obvious drips, and streaks through out the room. Apparently we didn't look before we put an offer in. But step one the the bathroom update is to get the paint off the walls. Which is proving to be not that bad a job with the help of my steam cleaner the paint just peels off in sheets. And both Mark and I find this an oddly satisfying project. Now if only we liked the pink tile and could find a way to work with it.....










In other news I am obeseed with a couple websites I read about in Woman's Day magazine. www.ebates.com is a website where you get rebates for shopping. All you have to do is sign up and then use the ebates site to open what ever page you want to shop on. And they give you a % of your purchase back in a check every few months so long as you have ecrued more than $5. I just used it to get 3% back on a payless purchase, and 5% back on a Godiva purchase (had to get a chocolate bunny.)
I am also loving www.promotionalcodes.com a website where you can quickly find coupon codes for your online shoppping, and www.freeshipping.com where you can get codes for well, free shipping.
I'm super greatful to Woman's Day for sharing this info with me. I just wish I had read the article before I booked our vacation.



No comments:

Post a Comment