Our first stop was in Hershey, PA. The town is super cute, their streetlights are even shaped like Hershey Kisses. However the Bears Den Restaurant where we had our lunch in the Hershey Lodge was a big disappointment. The service was pretty slow but I had my eye on the prize, a brownie sundae! I was totally expecting something super yummy, and was very let down. The brownie had nuts in it so I had to settle for a sundae without it. Which was 2 small scoops of ice cream, whipped cream and a drizzle of Hershey syrup. UM this is HERSHEY can we please up the chocolate level on the desert. Mark ordered the only other chocolate dessert on the menu which was a bread pudding and he enjoyed it, so at least it wasn't a total bust. And then we spent some quality time in the gift shop. Because I needed something to show for our detour.
The next stop was Punxsutawney, PA. The home of Punxsutawney Phil! Of course we ran in to traffic due to construction, and I had to bust out the atlas to navigate us around it. Go me! Along our new route we saw cow, horses, sheep, and Amish. I loved the Amish and waved to them all. Mark laughed at me, but I was having fun. Once we finally got to Punxsitawney, we were starving so we headed into the Pantel Hotel, which was under new management and promised great food. That was a lie, the food was awful, the service ridiculous. I finally burst into laughter when the manager apologized for messing up our order, even though he wasn't the one who took it. The experience made the movie Groundhogs Day make complete sense. After that we headed over to the Groundhog Zoo to check out Phil though the observing window. Unfortunately he wasn't there!!!!! Yes 2 hours out of our way and no Groundhog. So instead I had Mark take my picture with every Groundhog statue we passed on the way back to the car. I had fun and Jordan just kept repeating "Subaru where are you?"
No comments:
Post a Comment