Sunday, August 15, 2010

We did more than just see Sesame Place

So as much as I loved Sesame Place we couldn't spend all of our time there. Tuesday afternoon we went into downtown Philadelphia. It is a really cool city. We checked out the Liberty Bell, and took a tour of the building where the Declaration of Independence was signed. I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the bell though. I always thought it was really big, but as you can tell from the pictures it's not really big at all. It was neat to see though. And after the Liberty Bell we walked over to Jim's Steaks, a cheese stake shop I read about in one of my Family Circle magazines. The cheese steak was amazing, I got mine with Provolone, but Mark got Cheese Whiz, and too be honest I'll be getting the Whiz if I ever do it again...YUM!


Jordan threw a fut when it was time to get our picture taken by the bell. I guess she was sad it wasn't really that big too.


Me, Jordan, and President Washington.



Yippie for Cheese Steak!!!! Definitely one of the highlights of my trip.
On Wednesday we headed out to Camden, NJ. I have to admit I was a bit afraid of that one, after all it's more dangerous than Detroit, and I try to never go there because it scares me. But the Adventure Aquarium is in Camden, so to Camden we went. Honestly the area where the Aquarium is was nice. I didn't really see anything that looked like the Camden of Dateline fame. In fact it was pretty great, but I am sure had we driven a bit further in I would have seen a more realistic depiction of the city.
The Aquarium was really nice, we saw tons of fish, and even sharks. We also got to see a seal show. Now I thought seals were small, but apparently they are HUGE. Big surprise there. Jordan really enjoyed the seals, as well as all the fish. By the end of the day she was pretty tired, but it was an amazing place to take her. She also enjoyed wearing her backpack leash and being able to walk on her own right up to the fish.
Unfortunately I didn't get too many pictures, but hopefully I can add some when Tom sends us his. For now here is what I have...




And on Thursday we headed into Philadelphia again to the Please Touch Children's Museum. Jordan really loved all the exhibits and she had a blast playing and running around. They also had a carousel and she loved riding that. It is a really nice children's museum and definitely worth visiting if your in Philly. Of course I have no pictures of this, because we were so busy playing I forgot to get our the camera. Again, if I get any pictures later, I'll post those too.









1 comment:

  1. haha, I was disappointed in the Liberty Bell when I saw it too. Glad you guys had a good trip overall though! Sounds like fun!
    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete