We had an awesome road trip to Philly. We rolled out of town on Saturday July 31st in my newly dented Subaru (that Friday I drove into the fence) headed to PA!
We made a stop every two hours for Jordan to play. Our first stop was at a Bob Evans for lunch and then a playground in that town for some fun. Jordan made a friend and had a blast playing. Then back in the car and off for another 2 hours. This time we stopped in Warren, OH. Which is basically just like Warren, MI. We had a pretty good time at the playground, but Mark and I decided to leave when a low rider with tinted windows started cruising around the park with it's rap music blaring. And then we were back in the car for another 2 hours and our final stop in Brookville, PA. Mistake number one was choosing to have dinner at a buffet. While it was a bonus that Jordan ate for free, it wasn't such a bonus that I ate so much I felt sick. Mistake number two was choosing to stay at the Super 8! The hotel was clean, and decently maintained but the beds were terribly uncomfortable. It was like sleeping on a stone slab, and the pillows were no better. And to make matters worse the curtains didn't block out the light completely. Needless to say Mark and I both slept terribly and we were not in tip top shape for leg 2 of our drive. Jordan however slept just fine.
Day two we got back in the car and realized I didn't do such a great job planning our day. I planned for us to have lunch at our first stop, but we left at 8 so that was a no go. Instead we went to McDonald's for coffee and the playplace. Jordan loved it so much she threw a fit when it was time to go. And now she asks for McDonald's every time we pass one. Oops! Then our next stop was scheduled to be at another playground. Now it was raining and we were hungry so we skipped the playground and threw in a Mickey Mouse movie. Of course we couldn't find any fast food in this town so I had Mark head to the highway so we could hop of at the next exit with food....um the highway was the PA Turnpike.....this thing has no exits! Finally we pulled up to a service stop and got some lunch and a Cinnabon because once you smell one you have to eat it. And then we were off, next stop Mt. Laurel, NJ. Of course we stopped at a rest stop along the way because when the little voice in the back seat say "Go poopy" you find a way to pull over.
No comments:
Post a Comment