Thursday, June 28, 2012

Zoo trip

Last week was full of VBS fun.  Jordan attended VBS for the first time and she did really well.  She had a lot of fun.  She was a little bit nervous about the finale each day, because it was like a mini concert in the gym, and she doesn't really like crowds.  I guess she gets that from me.  But by the end of the week she was really enjoying herself at the concert too.  I helped out on Tues and Thurs, so Dylan got to spend those mornings in the nursery.  She loved playing and seeing other babies.  I noticed Jordan did best when I wasn't there.  On the days I didn't help I could see her durring the finale and she was a lot more into dancing and singing.  Overall I'm glad she had fun.
And this week I pulled her easel out of the basement.  She had been asking for it for weeks, and I finally picked up some paint for her to use, as well as a roll of paper. She loves to paint.  

 Then on Saturday we went to the zoo.  The zoo at 9am was great.  It was about 75* and no one was there.  We pretty much had the place to ourselves.  Both the girls were perfectly behaved and had a lot of fun.  Even Dylan was laughing at the animals, especially the lemers.  We bought a zoo pass so I think we will be doing a few zoo visits this year.
Dylan hanging out.  Notice she has chubby legs now.

 Jordan and a chimp
 GIANT grizzley bear.  For the record Jordan wanted to go in the enclosure with it....she is crazy!
 So at the Detroit Zoo you go into the Kangaroo enclosure.  Fortunately none of the Kangaroos got up and hopped over to us.  I'm pretty sure I would have freaked out.
 Dylan's first carousel ride.  She loved it!


 Ready for church.
 Jordan sung some VBS songs at church on Sunday morning.
Jordan picked a bow, and braclet, and sunglasses and then called her self a "fashion girl."  This is her fashion girl pose.  Not so sure where she got that from but it was too cute not to take a pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment